New WCCA Business Beautification Program Can Enhance Your Business’s Facade
The WCCA Business Beautification Program is a volunteer-based program managed by WCCA Board of Directors to assist business owners along West Colfax with beautifying their properties and significantly enhancing the corridor through “do-it-yourself” projects.
Specific Qualifications and Examples:
Resources & Budget:
- Using the old-fashioned “barn raising” philosophy, these projects will typically be simple and cosmetic, but will aim to have a significant and lasting impact on the corridor and business properties involved. In addition, the program will help enhance WCCA’s role as a positive force in Lakewood, helping community members engage at a grass roots level.
- These projects may involve, but not be limited to, painting, general clean-up, landscaping, cosmetic exterior projects, etc.
WCCA will reimburse up to $250 with provided receipts towards the total budget requirements. WCCA will also provide volunteer manpower for one full day.
How/When Awarded – Recommendation: 2-4 projects per year / Roll-out in summer 2016
- Selected businesses will be asked to join WCCA if they are not already members.
- Projects should be able to be completed in 4-6 hours during a weekend day.
- The business must buy supplies and provide a receipt in order to receive reimbursement up to $250 for materials required for the project.
- Selected projects MUST improve the business climate AND overall image of the West Colfax corridor.
- The business owner must be onsite during the project, assisting volunteers as needed.
- Rolling Applications: Interested business owners will fill out and submit the online application form including as much detailed information as possible.
- The WCCA Barn Raising Committee and Board of Directors will select 2-4 projects to be completed in the fiscal year.
- In 2016 we expect to complete 2-3 projects, but will remain flexible to add more if possible.
Business Beautification Application
Please read the barn raising criteria before submitting and then complete the following form; all fields are required. Please allow 8-10 weeks after submitting your application for the WCCA Barn Raising Committee and Board of Directors to review the application.